Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hil-arr-i-ous

I've been motoring along with my edging on the baby shawl. I had 35 repeats to do by Friday, so I divided it into 7/10/9/9 and today I was starting on my first lot of 9 when I paused to look at the sewing up instructions and that's when it caught my eye.

The shawl is a square, knitted diagonally, with four side borders picked up and knitted on each side, then an edging added where you pick up a stitch from the border as a stitch at the end of each second row of edging (you work sideways is what I mean). Anyway, I'd knitted my border and was 18 repeats into my edging when I finally read the instructions.


See that? "Work as for First Border from ** to **"? Yes. I did that, not a problem.

Row 60, however...


This is how you work Row 60 in the first edging you do. So I did that. For the Second Border as well.

I didn't knit the stitches left at the end of the First Border, instead I cast on another 17.

That sound you heard around 2:45 this afternoon? That was my heart breaking. It was pretty loud.

Epilogue: I posted a description of how I'd stuffed up my knitting on Facebook. My friend Chantal read it and went "Wait, how did Andrea stuff up? That's exactly what... I... did......eep".

That's right. We both stuffed up the edging completely. I've pulled back 3420 stitches, and now I'm going to sit down and knit like a freakin' demon to get it done.

No comments: