Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Beanie fever

I hope you all had a lovely long weekend. Ours was a little bit terrible, with two sick kids, but we made some important changes that will pay off in the long run (we hope).

Felix likes beanies. He has a LOT of hand knitted beanies because I like knitting for people who appreciate the end result. His latest is a doozy.



It's called "Skullcracker"  and Felix decided he wanted some grown up colours instead of the usual bright orange and green. I used Cascade 220 for the first time and I now understand why it's so popular. Soft, lofty, lovely colours. The pattern was interesting enough to keep me awake, and I replaced the plzin ribbing with two colour brioche stitch, which is brilliant. I've found my new favourite stitch pattern!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

What an amazing beanie, it looks pretty tricky to me, with Brioche stitch at that. I must do that Craftsy class I signed up to learn.

Damian almost wore his 'Jayne' beanie last weekend, and then chickened out. He better wear it soon, or I say no more! He wants another pair of mitts and I say, what about me?