Monday, January 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I am fully aware that today is Monday. However, I failed to give you a Throwback Thursday last week as that would have forced me to leave the air conditioning and head out into the bungalow. Which has no air conditioning. Wasn't gonna happen.



I'm making it up to you all by giving you the glorious Book 50 from Vogue Knitting, from March 1957. Form an orderly queue, please.


First up, we have the fabulous Princess Dress. Perfect for walking your oversized poodles with.


A SUIT. An actual knitted suit. They don't make 'em like this anymore.


A very cabled dress with a cinched in waist and oversize sunglasses. I'm in Grace Kelly heaven here.


C'mon! You know you want a boat. Ask your cat. Your cat is thinking about buying a boat.


This vest comes in 12 sizes. That's 12 different people to dislike you for knitting them a vest.


If you don't want to knit this upon sight, we can't be friends. We just can't.


Evening wear in lurex and 2-ply? Not a chance, but I love the look of it.


I want to grow up and be this model, honestly I do.

So, should I scan this pattern book and add it to the site for download? Let me know, my readers, and it shall be done.


Oh, and nobody show this to my dad or he'll request it. Cables & crew neck? My dad's idea of happiness.

1 comment:

Celia said...

Those vintage patterns are gorgeous! I wish I were that vintage size. Do you see those tiny waists?