Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ravellenic Games: Day 1

As I may have mentioned before, I have an addictive personality. When I like something, I really like something.* Sherlock Holmes, Anne of Green Gables, anything by Jane Austen, Jack the Ripper, alcohol and - of course - knitting. I've been addicted to all of these at one point or another, and it's not necessarily a bad thing. Unless you also have an overly competitive nature.

*waves* Helloooooo!

So when I saw the games previously known as the Ravelympics were on again, I thought "Oooo, no, bad idea. I've got two jumpers to knit for Andy, so no time left... Unless I enter them in the Sweater Triathlon..."

Good thing only one qualified. Yesterday morning I got up at 5:30 to watch the ceremony (Kenneth Branagh! Drool bucket please!) and cast on my new jumper when the flame was lit. Well, half an hour later, actually, but who's counting?

I managed to knit up a whole ball of yarn yesterday, 12cm of the jumper back done. Now, as the jumper only needs 14 balls I'll be finished before the end of the games, easy!

Well, I would be if only I hadn't joined the Hat Dash as well... Oops.

*Btw, to any guy I dated, I'm really really sorry. Except that one guy, you totally deserved the crazy.

No comments: