Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Finished Objects 2009 - #4

Monday afternoon I found the pattern on Ravelry, cast on, knitted furiously through the Richmond Knitters, finished the strap off on the way home, blocked yesterday, added button today.













Behold the Kingsford Smith Hat!

It's just so...so...green. I used the Shiloh Silk Wool 8ply I bought at Bendigo (see knitters? You can use your Bendigo yarn, not just pack it away!) and the Aviatrix pattern from Just Jussi. It's quick. Super quick. Scary super quick. I plan to make a few more of these because it's just that quick!














Meet George, my volunteer. The person I plan to put it on isn't due to make an appearance til around September 26th, so George bravely stepped in. He's also offered to be the boitjie's first best friend, which is exactly what he was to me all those years ago.

Look at that face - how could you not love him?

Blanket Update: Three triangles done. The knitting gods are appeased.

No comments: