Saturday, December 27, 2008

Finished Objects 2008 - #35 and #36

Due to work commitments I've been far too busy to do anything. This is what happens when you volunteer to decorate the hostel. And make a gingerbread house.


















And a winter village. And hand sew 12 felt stockings.


















Mad.

However, I did find time to finish my Nosferatu shawl.
















This was a fabulously easy knit - just knit the plain/eyelet base until you think it's wide enough, then knit the lace pattern.



















Not too much lace, but just enough to make it interesting. I think this still counts as a lace piece for the Long Lacy Summer - what do you think, Bells?


















I completely stuffed up pinning out the fish tail. It's very full, and ripples, so I think I'll claim it as a design feature, rather than a flaw.

This will be my reading in bed/slobbing on the couch (in style)/wandering the moors looking for my lost love shawl. It has that kind of vibe.

Another delay to my posting and knitting was the hostel's Secret Santa lists. I picked the first name and got the uber-awesome Jade, who is a knitting convert. Couldn't have been easier.

A yarn zombie keyring, two packets of red string licorice to make 302 Calories and these.
























Clafoutis Bedsocks. If they were any easier it'd be illegal. I made them in ten hours. TEN HOURS. Be warned - these are my new present staple...

2 comments:

Bells said...

oh yeah, it counts. Well and truly. Good work. You are the lace shawl demon!

Love the house, love the socks. All good stuff!

ps I want a shawl for wandering the moors, too.

Sande Francis said...

I'm just starting Nosferatu and cannot yet envision the transition between chart 1 and chart 2. Would you be so good as to explain it a bit more? Thanks!!

Sande