Monday, February 25, 2008

Finished Objects 2008 - #3

In the midst of my yarn tidying, I found an unfinished headband knitted in natural chocolate alpaca 8ply. Now, I started this headband in January 2007 because summer almost always means I'll be trying to pull my hair very far back from my forehead, and preferably completely out of the way. I have a fringe now, so I'm not really doing that anymore.

As we're heading of to far cooler climes soon, I've been eying off a few beanie patterns on Ravelry, and one of the most popular has been Coronet. There are 641 versions on Ravelry, which makes it a pretty popular pattern. Now we can add my version: "Diadem".












I used Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran in "Meadow" for the top, and just made up the beanie pattern as I went. The length is perfect for me, and the chocolate brown edging matches my eyes (although Felix says the green makes my eyes look greener. Odd.) and most of my wardrobe.











It's a really easy knit, once you get over how long the cabling takes, and yes, mine was a much more complicated cable that I just made up (two 3x3 cables divided and ended by a 3-stitch moss stitch) and ran with. The band was on 4.5mm and the crown on 5mm circulars.

I'd recommend giving this a try because it was quite simple, and you can make up your own cables. Oh, and it's very comfortable!

No comments: